Fred Zuckerman has submitted amendments to the Teamster Constitution to strengthen our union.
The amendments will be considered at the Teamster Convention, where the union constitution is amended and candidates are officially nominated for International Union office.
Fred Zuckerman serves on the IBT Constitution Committee which will review all proposed amendments before they are taken up on the floor of the Convention.
The amendments backed by Teamsters United will:
- Protect local unions from forced mergers or the forced transfer of members to another local
- Prevent the General Executive Board from imposing contracts that have been rejected by a majority of the voting members
- Strengthen our union’s bargaining leverage by providing strike benefits starting the first week of a strike (including strikes for recognition)
- Protect free and fair International Union elections by maintaining an independent Election Supervisor
- Protect democratically-elected local union leaders from having their authority usurped by an IBT Personal Representative without due process